Finally! Here I am! In the middle of the night..with some space for my words and views. May be recession has brought me here..else, I am amongst those who come home, exhausted after a day's work, waiting to lie flat on the bed! I'm a graduate in the field I love the second most..Electronics & communication (first one was Aeronautics.. it was my dream when in school!) and I am waiting for my joining dates from an MNC which recruited me last August, parellely applying to institutes for PG.
Everybody has dreams. How you would want your day to go, the kind of work you would want to do, the first "thing" you would want to take home in your first salary, the kind of person you want to have as your better half, ambitions to expertise in your interests..blah blah blah.. it goes on. Of course, dreams are really important. However, over the years, I have realized that it is necessary to have a purpose in life. A vision. And for me, it does not end right away..too long a procedure to realize "that" vision.
A couple of years ago, I was this person who was so.. I dont know.. was so ill-tempered, yet cheerful; extremely moody,yet what you call in kannada sthithapragna; strange creature really! I sometimes wonder if it was me!! What I am trying to tell is, growth with time is very necessary..and this growth coupled with experience and reflections of the mind has made me realize things with time.. an objective and purpose for existence which gets clearer as days become weeks and weeks years, wiping out the haze.
I love travelling. Had this craziest idea to step on every possible patch of land, water(don't ask me how) just once..only once! Now, that "every" has got lowered to a state of "almost every". And there is my list of "must do once in life"-Get to know all the possible cultures present, their customs, why they follow it, see the remnants of all the perished civilizations (esp. Harappa Mohenjodaro, probably the only thing I expect to see in Pakistan), walk through freakiest caves, swim in quite water bodies (I'm not a great swimmer to fight against the rough ones) do some coral explorations, stay at the hotel Taj once (this one got into my desires a couple of weeks before it got attacked), hike on the Himalayas, trek in the valley of flowers, a ride in the Grand Canyon and stay in igloos at one of the poles, watch live olympics opening, watch a live wimbeldon and many many more. So, given sufficient amount of money, a bodyguard and a map, I can really get lost!
Apart from the above, I am a philatelist, though this has lately reached a not-working-state because of lesser postal system and greater e-systems. I have a 3-generation collection of stamps and related materials,with the newer generation contributing more! (I mean the least being from my grandfather and the most from me) Will resume it when time comes..or rather..when stamp comes!
Mom pushed me into Karnatic music when I was in, I think 2nd standard. Though it was me who volunteered to join, soon my little self found out that the classes would eat away my playtime with my buddies in the evenings! And it used to really get on my nerves! This was in Uttar Kannada district where my dad was posted, in a small colony of Civil Engineers who worked on power plant projects. Once we moved to Bangalore, I was put to a new karnatic sangeetha master, who made me start all over again! Initially, I used to learn it for pressure..later became a pleasure. This is too in a not-working-state for now. Hobbies are very necessary to keep a person going..if not now, in your dotage.
What a start! I love that free-from-bonds kinda picture :) and that punch line ;) :D Waiting to here more :D
ReplyDeleteToo good........
ReplyDeleteexcellent one.. sometimes, in the thought of doing right things,ie. study, then gud job, these make us forget the real or can say the craziest dream/wishes within us... this one really made me glance within myself to bring out the forgotten dreams... :-)credits to u angel... :-)
ReplyDeletewoah!:) My pleasure.. thank you :)
ReplyDelete