Labels

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Expiry?!

I had a hearty laugh after reading tons of things on the year 2012! When I first started watching the related videos on youtube a couple of months ago, I was a little apprehensive to even think about finding out more details. All I got to hear was bits and pieces- "Mayans".."2012".."Doomsday".."December 21st".."disaster"..and I didn't bother much about it..may be because I was/am scared of death or may be because it would scare me so much that I would not be able to stop thinking about it. I really don't know. Gradually, as the trailers of the movie 2012 were out, there was no escape route.

There are a plenty of reasons and predictions mentioned on the sites. It really sounds like they are forcing the world to an end! Even though the earth itself wants to live. I am reminded of this sequence in the movie Taare zameen par..that there exists a community who, if they want a tree out of their way, do not fell it. People stand in front of it and start abusing its existence, cursing. And gradually, the tree looses its essence and withers. I honestly feel something similar is happening here.

Oh! C'mon! Seriously?! An end to the world three years from now? You got to be kidding! If this were true there would have been a small sign or hint somewhere by now! Or atleast I don't see anything coming. There is another reason widely seen/heard, that some Planet X is going to crash into earth. NASA has ruled out this..because if it were to be true, astronomy should have caught "Planet X" to be on its way to earth by now. As for the Mayan calender, though it has an end in 2012, they DO have a start of a new cycle after 2012- this new cycle brings along good or evil-nobody knows.

I learn that the same was predicted to occur in May 2003. Human nature..when it didn't happen, it got postponed to 2012! And what would be the excuse if it does not happen in 2012? The rumors will probably be postponed yet again! And people will have to live eternally in fear and with all the hype it gains. Ever since I have started analyzing the reason for existence I have believed in enjoying every moment in life and also to live to the fullest..no matter what. There is some energy which exists around..and it goes with our thinking. If you think positive..you are leading yourself to the same. If you think negative, you are creating negative energy around. It's a matter of faith. It really seems quite impossible that a catastrophe is just steps away.. because we have been living normally all these years..an abrupt disaster is unlikely..and it's kind of hilarious to imagine earth with tags of manufacturing date and expiry date! Anyways..only time can tell.

2 comments:

  1. http://hinduism.about.com/od/basics/a/goldenage.htm
    why do u believe what NASA says? whatever happens, happens for good. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But.. in that website they have mentioned that a "golden age" will start in 2012..what is it? (while reading.. it felt like a joint venture between mayans and hindus :D .. Superb accuracy from both of them!)and an emergence of new world..nowhere its mentioned that the existing one will be destroyed.. And u are right. One has to hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

    ReplyDelete