A friend of mine who is currently in the internship stage of medicine shared with me and another friend of mine, the experiences she gets to witness in the government hospitals. Having pronounced 11 people dead in just a month, she drove all of us into the “triviality of life” mood on a Sunday evening, exclaiming “Why is Tendulkar running between wickets!? There is so much more to life than running on the field!” (I have always disliked biology in my life! Those terms I still find hard to register and remember. I looked back to find out the path and source of this dislike towards the subject; and bingo! It was Chloro-Fluoro-Carbons! Panicked to have not signed in a sheet every student was supposed to (in board exams), which I had not done, I had forgotten to answer a 2 mark question on CFCs! (Not an issue of marks. C’mon! After all CFC’s, How could I forget!! ) Blaming my fate for the day and my stupidity to have panicked; then and there - it started. To this day I feel like running out to my answer sheet and scribbling CFCs on the booklet!)
With the triviality of life in focus:
One kannada TV channel aired a program, with its host offering to resolve problems, family disputes (etc) and the rest of the channels followed with the same theme. Kathe alla…and some similar ones. According to me, it is one of the worst things the media has done or will ever do when it comes to broadcasting reality show category programs. Filming all the distress a family is going through and exploiting the plight of children of that family and airing it for commercial purposes is an awful motive. There are several organizations to serve the same purpose. If the genuine intention is to resolve the issue, people who seek their help can as well do so with such organizations. I end up feeling they approach these channels just to go on air. A difference between two people is natural. But, is it not in our hands to resolve it and move on for the better without letting it out to the public? Next one is - Art of living. Someone else has to equip me with an art to live my life? It scares me, the way today’s society approaches to make a living - both spiritual and worldly. Control over mind and actions cannot be taught by anyone. The very realization to gain control would suffice. With such rapid changes in lifestyles, I have lost hopes that the coming generation will do any better as it is a responsibility of these people (also) to make a tomorrow.
There are many such programs on the similar lines in all kannada channels now.. I feel its the most awful thing.. Suprisingly, people watch it!! No1 can learn anything or derive any pleasure from watching these. I still wonder what makes them glued to TV to see such things. Is it like everything in our life so perfect to watch others in pain and enjoy?..seems strange :)
ReplyDeleteYou named it!! I was thinking about it and was about to blog.. All of us derive so much pleasure from the masala going on in others' lives! All these days it was restricted to that of celebrities. Now, with these programs, it has reduced to that of common people.
ReplyDelete