Birth and death are the two extremes of life. Man comes unarmed to this world; makes his mark- some reach great heights, some normal, some never put efforts to raise and some rise negatively (no efforts necessary). His deeds and actions will solely be responsible to create the person he seems to be in the intellect of people around him. In the end, leaves the world leaving behind his everything.
“Woman’s Day” is a “cause to celebrate womanhood and their achievements in political, economic and social backgrounds and became simply an occasion for men to express their love for women in a way somewhat similar to a mixture of Mother's Day and St Valentine's Day”. O..h…h Yeah! One whole day in 365 days! (Unbearably too much of love showered on us!! :D) Anyway, this piece is not to take a stand on Woman’s day celebration. I am here to shower my whole-hearted appreciation on a Keralite woman who lives in my lane. Keralites are well-known for their humanitarian deeds and service to mankind. This woman in picture, married a widower 7 years ago. His profession is in another continent altogether and I have no idea how often he visits home. She lives here. The man has a physically challenged, beautiful (and I mean beautiful!) daughter from his first wife, who needs assistance in every other activity. What amazed me, is the pride that this step-mother shows about her daughter; the care with which she looks after her daughter. I have heard that it's hard to explain in words the feeling of motherhood. Hats-off to this mother who word-to-word has given her everything for the well-being of her daughter (I do not want to use the word ‘step’ anymore) I have always wanted to write about this wonderful young woman (who is almost of the same age as her daughter) from the day I met her. Such grace and simplicity; least expecting anything more from life. This is what should constitute stardom and celebration. And I know there are millions across the world who go unnoticed.
No comments:
Post a Comment