Alright..After so so so much of feedback regarding this blog of mine..from almost all the people I have known..online and offline..I thought I will make some points clear from my side.
Gandhiji- was firstly a freedom fighter who fought for India's independence. He is also the one who held up humanity in South Africa. I agree that things would have been different and difficult had he not been born..or if he was not what he made out of himself..he was definitely one amongst those who shook the British rule and who robbed them of their peace. And I, as a 1987 born person, respect him wholeheartedly for playing a part in my life, for being a part of the freedom I am enjoying today, for upholding humanity across the world. Where I disagree is when it comes to exaggeration of his principles (then and now) and its implementation in history. It is just that as an individual, I do not find the things that happened inevitable. Some things could have been handled in a better way..along with driving away the British rule. There is a lot of difference between being humble and being the kind of person who accepts every other thing another person tells you. A humble and down to earth person is what he is because he respects others views and is empathetic. He has the ability to place himself in the other person's shoes and evaluate. And also is capable to judge between what is right and what is not; what could possibly be the consequences and takes a decision whats best for himself and the other person in picture. This does not mean he has to budge to every other demand another person puts in front of him just for -"uske dil rakhne ke liye" . He can as well subtly and politely disagree and do nothing about it. So, with all respect to Gandhiji and his ways, I consider some of his principles-not very appropriate to have been enforced on one nation (which later became two or more I do not know) :)
I thought I will not elaborate more on this the last time I wrote..because there are a lot of discrepancies associated when it comes to Gandhiji and Nathuram Godse. But yesterday my thought intensified when I read - "Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood" - Marie Curie (Thanks to the supplementary newspaper copy distributed in bus :D Sometimes things fall into place so well! Leaves me speechless!) Rather than interpreting it as lack of consideration to Gandhiji, I would like to interpret it as my admiration for Godse. And I am happy that just now my grandfather at least agreed absolutely with my views in this regard, admitting that he has been going through the same disagreement since ages!
No comments:
Post a Comment